Monday, July 27, 2015

Autumn Projects - Part Five


You may remember way back to my list of Autumn projects

Finally...I finished the third one!

The last time I posted about this, I had just started stitching this border on the lower edge of a tea towel:



I was also considering different trims to use once this towel was hemmed:



I have finished all the embroidery and instead of using one of the trims, I decided to add a line of decorative stitching. 

I measured 1/8" in from the bottom of the tea towel and using a water soluble marker, drew a stitching line parallel to the bottom of the tea towel: 


Then I stitched a line of Double Knot Stitch.  I used perle cotton floss, this is color variations by DMC #4130.



I think this looks so pretty!  The line of Double Knot Stitch is a nice echo of all the French Knots in this border.



Here is a list of the floss colors and numbers that I used for my project:




4 comments:

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Love these colours! Beautiful project :)

Kim said...

:) Hi Silvia - Thank you!

Angela Lee said...

That is beautiful!! Where do you get your plain white towels? I have the hardest time finding them here and wind up using sack cloth.

Kim said...

Hi Angela - Thank you! I made this towel - I used a medium weight fabric - this was 100% cotton.