Friday, May 1, 2015

Fourth of July Stitching - Part Three



I have some progress to share on my Fourth of July stitching.  This is a 17" x 17" table topper.  You can catch up with this project here: {part one} {part two}.  Since my last post, I have finished some motifs and taken some of my stitching back out! 

I took a nice aerial shot so you can see the whole thing:


I have finished this rocket motif,  I used Chain Stitch for the stripes on the rocket, French knots above the stripes, Stem Stitch for all the outlines and the fill on the top of the rocket and Straight Stitch for the sparks:


I am almost done with this big firecracker, I am just deciding if I want all the stars in red or maybe stitch the other two in blue.   


Same with the Uncle Sam hat...lots of color decisions even with this limited color palette! 


The stitching I removed was all the blue around the star field on the flag.  I kept the ring of stars but I am still figuring out how I am going to fill this in:


I will post my progress on this as I finish - hopefully in time for the 4th of July!