Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shhh...nap time

I just finished stitching this sweet little sun: It is from the Shhh...baby's sleeping embroidery pattern packet and I love the way it turned out. I used the stem stitch for the clouds, the back stitch for the words and sun's face, and the chain stitch and french knots for the sun's rays.
While I was looking for trims to add to this project, I found this embroidered tape stored with some of my older sewing supplies:
I don't remember where this came from and unfortunately, it doesn't match my embroidery floss but it is really beautiful and I have just under three yards of it :) I was looking through my old supplies to find this strawberry fabric.
I love this fabric and the way it looks with this embroidery floss and pom pom trim. I have a project idea for this little combination!
This last picture is of some blossoms from my damson plum tree. I took this picture right after a rain shower. I wanted to capture those waterdrops - you can see the sky and trees in them!



2 comments:

Annie said...

That sun is so cute and I can't wait to see your project with the red pom poms and strawberries!...Blessings...Annie

Kim said...

Thanks Annie! I will post some pictures as soon as I finish it up :)